201 Caroline, 7th Floor Houston TX, 77002
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Follow us on
or search HC Probate Court 3
Administrative Order Regarding Gender Neutral Terminology For Personal Representatives
Please see the "Instructions for Video Hearings and Trials" for procedures listed below.
Instructions for Video Hearings and Trials
⇨• Live Streaming Video Hearings of Probate Court 3's YouTube Channel
RECORDING OF ANY PROBATE PROCEEDINGS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND COULD RESULT IN A FINDING OF CONTEMPT OF COURT. Please read the Administrative Order below:
Administrative Order Prohibiting the Recording of Remote Court Proceedings
PURSUANT TO THE ORDER INVOKING PROTOCOL NOW IN EFFECT (SEE BELOW IN LIST OF DOCUMENTS) CERTAIN ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS CAN BE CONDUCTED BY SUBMISSION OR BY A TELEPHONE HEARING. PLEASE CONTACT THE COURT FOR DETAILS.
Harris County Probate Courts COVID-19 Operating Plan
* Order Invoking Protocol
* Amended Order- Probate Court Protocols - (COVID-19) Corona Virus
* COVID-19 (CORONA VIRUS INFO) Probate Courts
* First Emergency Order - (COVID-19) State of Disaster
* Second Emergency Order - (COVID-19) State of Disaster
* Third Emergency Order - (COVID-19) State of Disaster
* Eighth Emergency Order - (COVID-19) State of Disaster
* Eleventh Emergency Order - (COVID-19) State of Disaster
* Twenty-Sixth Emergency Order - (COVID-19) State of Disaster
* Twenty-Ninth Emergency Order - (COVID-19) State of Disaster
* Renewed Emergency Order Extends General Prohibition on Jury Trials To April 1
* Thirty-Third Emergency Order - (COVID-19) State of Disaster
To Access County Clerk's Files Click Here
Heirship, Show Cause, DWOP
10:00am & 3:00pm
DNR & Restorations
Wills & Administrations
9:00am & 10:00am
10:00am & 2:00pm
2:00pm - Downtown
*IF AN INTERPRETER IS NEEDED, PLEASE CONTACT THE COURT.
~For the Guardianship Handbook, please see the Guardianship Tab
~For the Elder-Law Handbook, please see the Information/Forms/Letters Tab
**** Changing your documents for Muniments of Title Proceedings:
To satisfy the Court that a muniment proceeding is appropriate, we ask that the attorneys add the following sentence to the form most commonly known as Proof of Death and Other Facts (when probating a will as a muniment of title): "The decedent did not apply for and receive Medicaid after March 1, 2005."
For suggestions or comments regarding this site please email us at
The information contained in this site was valid at the time of posting. Harris County assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies. Moreover, Harris County is not responsible for the content nor endorses any site which has a link from this page. For additional information please review our